"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 29, 2009

D-Day

Deliver day. It is official. Our baby boy is scheduled to arrive on Monday, October 12th. Surgery starts at 7:30 that morning, which means we have to be at the hospital at 5:30! Ugh.

That is Columbus Day so my mom suggested we name him Chris. Nah, too cliche. But he is still with out a first name. His middle name will most definitely be Joseph. I had wanted to make that his first name, but wise Philip suggested we don't do that because it will be too hard for me to say on a regular basis. The more I thought about it, the more I know he's right. But I like using it as a middle name. Joseph was actually his middle name anyway...William Joseph McCorkle. This way if I feel like calling him Lil Joe, I still can. I can't believe we'll have our fourth baby so soon. I couldn't be more excited!

5 comments:

Katie said...

October 12th is a great day to have a baby! Braden was due on the 12th and he came right on time. Your children are so cute. I miss seeing you guys. Good luck with the last weeks of pregnancy..try to get some sleep!

Julie said...

I am so happy you have your delivery date! You are naming him William? My first son is William, such a beautiful name.

Julie

Unknown said...

I asked Ethan what his name is going to be when we were camping, and he said Wesley. He didn't hesitate at all, so I figured that really was going to be his name. That is so funny!

Audrey said...

I'm so happy for you! Having your delivery date really puts a counter on things!

Living My Dream said...

We named our Willie after my uncle William Joseph. I know it's pretty fresh right now, but I thought a different perspective might be nice... it is actually a great comfort to call him Willie, just like my Willie. It links the past to the present and sometimes when I talk about him to family it makes them smile remembering great things! We called my uncle Willie Joe most of the time... and my Willie knows all about his name sake!!! Good luck coming up with a name... you will know when it is right!