"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Hailey's Party

On January 22nd we loaded up and went to Kangaroo Zoo for Hailey's party. Ethan got to do his big 5 at that place, and Hailey wanted to also. Only seemed fair. Now Lauren is talking about her fifth at KZ, so I'm sure this will be a tradition.

Doing a party at a place where everything is done for you is magical. We had an amazing hostess who took care of everything, and even played with the little kids on the toys so their parents could visit. She got a good tip! Hailey's favorite part was when Cocoa the kangaroo showed up to wish her a happy birthday. Thanks to everyone who came and made Hailey's big day great. We have a lot of good friends!








Aunt Leighann and Uncle Skylar came up for the afternoon, which I really appreciated especially since Leighann wasn't feeling well. And they saved the day by running back to our house to get the bag with candles and party favors that I left behind. Thanks guys!
I have to add that this little guy is a stinker. While I was in the party room gathering up gifts, I could not keep him from running up and down the tables grabbing scraps of cake that had not yet been cleaned off and stuffing them into his mouth. He had a great time too! I'm sure that if we still live around here, he'll want to have his fifth here as well!

No comments: