"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, October 21, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

The kids have been out of school for two days because of UEA. Today we took advantage of the gorgeous weather and the day off and headed out to the Pumpkin Patch. As we were pulling out of the driveway, Lauren asked "Is Dad meeting us there?" Nope, not this time. We sure missed him this trip!

The sky was completely clear...maybe a little TOO clear (if there is such a thing). Made for a lot of squinty eyes. The temp was right below 70, and after pushing the carts around everyone was complaining of thirst. It never occured to me to bring water, but I made a mental note to bring it next time! Devin kept running away as usual, and Lauren was being quite the pill. I suppose she was acting just like any four year old princess should. We had a very fun time and we now have thirteen pumpkins on our porch! Not all from this trip, but I think five of them are. We love Halloween!












































No comments: