"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hailey's Dino Fieldtrip

A couple of weeks ago I had the chance to chaperon one of Hailey's fieldtrips. I love the preschool fieldtrips and I feel lucky that I was able to go on this one. We went to the Utah Museum of Natural History. Of the many years I have been a Utah resident, and all the time I spent at the University of Utah (which is where the museum is located) I have never ventured out to this museum. It is by no means the size or magnitude as the Houston museum, but it was pretty good.

They had some exhibits that were really fun for the kids. The best part was watching the paleontologists in their lab as they worked on REAL dinosaur bones. One of the scientists came out and talked to the kids for a while, and we learned that they recently discovered a brand new species of dinosaur right here in Utah. Several experts will be coming in from all over the world to study it and give it a name. Pretty exciting!

Thanks Hailey, for letting me tag along on your fieldtrip. It was a really fun time!
















No comments: