"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, February 7, 2011

30 Weeks

30 weeks and 4 days along. I can't believe baby Gad will be here in less than two months! We will be scheduling the c-section at my appointment on Wednesday and Cody and I are hoping for April 6th. I hope it works out with my doctor's plans, and more than that, I hope Gad decides to stay put until then. My last two babies did not stay put until the appointed date. Isn't that rude of them? April 6th is Jesus Christ's birthday and what better person to share a birthday with!

Our little one is about 16 inches long and weighs about 3 pounds. I am feeling very tired these days, and having a 16 month old doesn't help things. Especially a 16 month old who doesn't have an "off" button. Devin is the reason I may go into labor earlier than planned! I contract a few times an hour on a normal day. They are all the fake kind, but it's enough to make me go "whoa...gotta slow down."

I get terrible leg cramps if I am on my feet for too long, and they've started getting pretty bad at night. Despite any supplement I'm taking, nothing has helped. That is until Cody suggested I start drinking Gatorade like athletes do to reduce muscle cramps. I drank a lot of it on Saturday and what do you know...no cramps that night. Gatorade has since become my best friend and our fridge is stocked. I have noticed a major reduction in cramps and I am much happier!

My circulation continues to be a problem like always. I have to be very carful not to let my BP dip too low or I will faint. There's not a lot I can do to raise my BP so I just take it an hour at a time and sit down when I can. Ha ha, that's funny.

I have severe mixed feelings about not being pregnant ever again after April. I have spent about 80% of the last eight years being either pregnant or nursing. Defining myself as something different will take some getting used to. But I am tired and done, and I'm looking forward to this new phase of life. The "I can lose the weight and keep it off and keep only ONE wardrobe in my closet" phase of life. I think it will be great!

No comments: