"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, July 16, 2010

Texas Summer Day 1

Well, we made it. Dad flew in on Monday and we finished up our packing and hit the road Tuesday morning. Cody will follow us out here next week and we can't wait to see him. The kids did amazingly well on the two day trip, all things being considered. We stopped for the night in Gallup NM and made our way to Joshua TX by about 11:00 (CST) on Wednesday night. The great news is we don't have to make that drive again for 16 whole days!

Devin had a really hard time last night. I think he had either a bottle or babyfood that had been sitting out too long. That kind of thing is hard to avoid on a long road trip, and he was up puking three times last night. I did NOT have a good night because of that. So this morning the four kiddos and I slept in extra long and hard. We then spent most of the day swimming. What else are you supposed to do when you are at Granana and Gov's pad? You swim. Our lives revolve around the water when we are here. My babies are water bugs and I love it. We swam all morning, and then when it was time for lunch the kids begged to let them eat outside (despite the fact that it was almost 100 degrees and humid). They just could not bring themselves to part from the pool.

Devin slept for a huge chunk of the day and this evening he was a MUCH happier guy. We grilled chicken and peppers and onions of the grill, had wild rice and sauteed summer squash, and again enjoyed our meal out on the back porch. And then of course we topped the night off for another soak in the pool, followed up by Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla. Now THAT is Texas.

Kids are all sleeping. I am enjoying the damp air on my sun kissed skin. Life is sweet.



No comments: