"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Brownies!

Troop 362 reconveined last Friday for our first meeting of the year.  I can't believe that two years have passed and those little kindergartners are already Brownies.  I have grown to really love this group of girls and I love the bond that they are forming with one another.  This year Lauren joined our troop.  Even though she is only in kindergarten and is technically a Daisy, as hard as I tried, I could not interest any local people in forming a troop for girls in her level and grade.  Since she has been an honorary GS for as long as our troop has existed and has done all of the Daisy stuff already, we decided to have her dress the part of a Brownie and go ahead and work on all the Brownie curriculum.

Tonight we did our Bridging/Investiture Ceremony where the girls officially became Brownies.  It was really cute and simple.  They did their first flag ceremony, lit candles and recited the GS Law, and we reenacted the Legend of the Brownie story.   We then had brownie bottom sundaes for refreshments.  I'm very grateful to all the parents who help to make this troop possible.  Each of the moms is so on top of things and when I say "This needs to be done...." they get on it.  I hope this troop can stay together for a long time!

Tania officially joined our troop as well.  She has come to practically every GS activity and always helps so much, so this year we registered her and she is now "on the books".  Welcome Tania!!

Love these ladies!!










I have to mention that these two boys were into all kinds of mischief tonight!!  I tried really hard to ignore them running everywhere and vying for my attention while I was running the show.  Cody was busy with cameras and did his best to keep them contained and behaving, but these guys get away with murder!!

No comments: