"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Father's Day

Father's Day was crazy and busy and full of fun. The day before, the kids and I hit the store and I gave each of them a five dollar spending limit to get Dad a present. This is likely Cody's and my favorite part of our special days. We love seeing what the kids pick out for us, because it is always symbolic of "them". On Sunday Dad wore his special tie that Hailey made him earlier in the year in preschool. I love that he wears these goofy ties with pride each year!


After church they all gathered on the couch to watch a movie together. Daddy duck and his five little ducklings. Doesn't get better than that!

Ethan was sooooooo excited to give him the cheeseballs!

A movie from Hailey Jane.

100 Otter Pops from Lauren...just for Dad!

And chocolate covered almonds from Devin. Yeah, these lasted all of one day!

Of course Aunt Leighann came over for dinner. Steak, asparagus, salad, rolls...all the fixins.




No comments: