"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Summah Time!

Summer is my absolute favorite season. And I'm not just saying that because it has been a very long winter. I'm saying that because I am from Houston and I am very accustomed to the heat and in all honesty, I love it. A lot of northerners who visit the Lone Star State in summer run away screaming because of the heat and humidity. But it's what I know and love. School ended here on June 3rd and we were all counting down the days. But sadly, the weather didn't start to warm up enough to swim outside until last week. Anythkng below 80 is way too cold to swim in, especially here in the desert when the water loses a ton of heat at night. Anywho, summer is now here and I'm happy. When Ethan came home on his last day I had this sign on the door.

That afternoon the kids and I brainstormed a list of activities we wanted to do before school started again. Ugh, the thought of fall and cool temps and white skin makes me want to cry. In fact, any talk of school or Halloween or Thanksgiving or ESPECIALLY Christmas and snow is 100% banned in our house. Only talk of summer fun is allowed. We put it all on a poster and hung it on the pantry door. Some of the things on our list are one time things...but a lot of them are activities we will do several times during these warm couple of months. Blah- summer here is so short, so I feel we have to take advantage of every single hot day! Welcome to sum sum summah time!!



No comments: