"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, June 17, 2011

Hailey's Graduation

Hailey is a real preschool graduate! Her graduation was on May 26th and luckily, the weather was perfect. It had rained all week but we were very grateful for the blue skies that day! This child was made for school. I hope her enthusiasm for learning continues all through her school years. We have been very blessed to have a wonderful preschool teacher now for a fourth year in a row. Kari has been with us for long and it feels like she is part of our family now. She does an incredible job teaching during the year, but the graduation program is always a grand finale. She is so creative and each year writes a parody on a hip hop song of sorts, changing the words to go along with a school theme. Last year she did The Black Eyed Peas "Tonight's Gonna Be a Good Night" and this year she did a Justin Beiber song. Hailey is still singing it. They also sang a song that I sang when I was in kindergarten, all about the fifty united states. I was able to sing right along, amazed that I still remembered it. We are very proud of our Hailey Bailey and we're all excited about her starting kindergarten in August!






































No comments: