"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Friday, November 4, 2011

Garrett Allan- 7 Months Old

Dear Garrett,

You turned seven months yesterday. SEVEN MONTHS!! You are growing up too fast and I order you, as your mother, to slow down a little. You are my last baby and I am not ready to leave this stage of my life. I love having babies around and as much as I want to add to our family, you are it. So let me enjoy this time for a bit longer, okay?

I have to apologize for not doing monthly updates as earnestly as I should. You are, after all, the fifth kid and with that comes a smidge of neglect. Not that I am neglecting you, but certain things fall by the wayside and journaling about your every development is one of them. You may not get my full attention in that respect, but the plus side being the youngest is that you have four older siblings who worship and adore you. Ethan never had that! Lauren especially loves you and I think she wants to be your mom. The first thing she wants to do each morning is wake you up. And if you are only a blanket on the living room floor, it takes all my attention to make sure she doesn' accidentally kill you with kindness. And you know what? I think you love the attention she gives you. You always have a huge smile on your face as she walks around with you. You love it, but it about gives me a heart attack each time!

Devin is starting to be more happy to have you around as well. He will now say your name instead of just "Baby" or "Baby G". I'm sure y'all will be best friends and you will be just as naughty as Moo. You laugh a lot, and always at anythiung Ethan says or does. If I am holding you on the couch and Ethan is there too, you stare at him as if you are waiting for him to entertain you. And all he has to do is sneeze or clear his throat and you think it's hilarious. No one can make you laugh like he can.

I can not keep you still. Changing your diaper is a hard thing because you want to roll around and move! When I took your seven month pictures you rolled from one side of the bed to the other and wouldn't stay as I put you. Uh oh, I think we are in for it with you.
































No comments: