"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, December 12, 2011

Texas Thanksgiving- Polar Bears

It's tradition, when at Granana's house, to swim. In the summers, swimming is the center of our lives...which is a survival skill in Texas with the hot, hot summers. The kids talk about "swimming at Granana and Gov's house" all the time, so naturally they were expecting to swim this go around. I tried to explain that it is too chilly in November, but they wouldn't hear it. Lauren seemed to be the only one with any sense because she never touched the water. Devin stood outside the gate with Uncle Philip screaming because he wanted to swim as well. The video of Ethan jumping in the pool is priceless. He screamed like a little girl, but the dufus did it a second time!! I guess he really wanted to swim!




No comments: