"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Antelope Island

On Friday we decided to go exploring. When you live in a city, it's very rare to get out and do the touristy stuff because life gets in the way. But we decided to load up and head out to Antelope Island with Grandma and Papa. It was the perfect getaway. It took about 45 minutes to get there and back and was only $9 for our carload.

It seemed surreal as we drove across the straight that took us to the island. We were the only car on the road and it was a gorgeous drive! It stretched on forever. When we got there we saw buffalo and antelope and some pretty cool birds. After exploring the visitor center we drove out to see the ranch and along the way we saw so many buffalo up close and personal. It was a really neat experience! One of these days we need to go back out there and hike around the lake because there is a lot to see.


























3 comments:

Jenni said...

Cool! I've been to antelope island twice while I was in college in SL. I haven't been back yet though.

Cdmommy3 said...

I'm so glad you guys went, It is so cool there. I totally want to go again.

Becky said...

Hmm, I can clearly see that I've been missing out. I've been wondering if we should head out there sometime. Thanks for the motivation!