"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Happy Birthday, Cody!





Happy 35th to Cody! Friday was his birthday and we had a small celebration as a family. The kids picked out some presents for him which turned out to be Swedish Fish, Kit Kats, a 20 case of Coke, and a movie. After having pizza and opening presents, we headed over to Lance and Courtnee's to have cake. I made the traditional berry cake that Cody asks for every year. It is soooo yummy! Then Ethan stayed the night at their house and had a blast. Happy birthday Daddy. We love you!!!
We did not have any 3 or 5 candles so we decided to use a 2 and a 1. Cody was fine with being 21 this year!



6 comments:

Mandy said...

That cake looks fantastic! I think I need the recipe.

Cindy and Ben said...

Hey Veronica! Of course I remember you!! We had some good times hanging out in the singles ward in Houston. :) I love blog hopping & running into old friends! We should keep in touch!

Ute Family said...

Love the b-day presents and the 2-1...hilarious! Since it's Cody's b-day, I'll tell a story about him. When I was in nursery, Cody was asked to sub for someone. Well, most of the time the subs that come in don't really make a huge effort to play with the kids. Heck, the actual teachers don't either (myself included). Anyway, during "toy time", Cody was awesome and all the kids gravitated toward him because he was so much fun, playing with the kids, making animal and toy noises...you know, actually making an effort. I never thanked him for being such an amazing sub! You're a lucky gal to have a husband who's great with a million little 3 year olds running around. Shout out to Cody! Happy B-day.

PS It was fun sitting next to you in Sac today. Lauren is too cute! Hope to see you this week at one of Lyd's parties!

Heather said...

Ahhh, to be "21" again, haha...Looks like an awesome cake you had there. Happy Birthday Cody!

Living My Dream said...

I am sooooo glad you made his birthday special!!! ;) Wouldn't want him to think you didn't put enough effort into his very special day! whahahahaha!!! >:) You really should call me, I have something to tell you!!!

Kim

Emma said...

That second picture looks just like Ethan.