"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Halloween Kick-Off

Tonight we kicked off the Halloween season. We made caramel apples and ate them while we watched "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown". We've watched that show as our kick-off for years and it never gets old. We love it! The kids had fun doing apples. They never turn out pretty when kids help, but that's not what it's about. Here's to a fun filled October! By the way, caramel apples and freshly bathed kids don't mix well :)




)

2 comments:

Audrey said...

How fun! I'm impressed that you even attempted caramel apples when they were fresh from a bath!

Ev said...

Yeah, THAT'S a good idea. Bathe the kids and then give them candy apples.