"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Leighann & Skylar's Wedding Part 1

My baby sister got married on July 30th. It makes me feel kind of old because I can vividly recall the day my parents all gathered us together in the lving room to tell us Mom was having another baby. It was a Sunday afternoon. Now that baby is all grown up and married! She got off her mission in February of this year and was engaged to her long time boyfriend in April. We've known for years that these two would get married, and they finally did it. We are excited to have Skylar "officially" be part of the family!

Who gets married on the hottest day of the year in Texas?! These kids do. It was hot as blazes and by the time I finished pictures with them (I did all the photography for the wedding) the three of us were about to die of heat stroke. And being right at noon, the lighting was beyond horrible. Everyone else had long left but it took us at least an hour more to shoot pictures. Here are a few of them. They have such funny personalities and it shows in their pictures.















1 comment:

Janice and Jessica said...

Beautiful pictures and a lovely bride and groom! I had often wondered what your little sis was up to as I followed her missionary blog. So glad to see she is home and now going on with the next step in her life.