"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, October 14, 2013

The Pumpkin Patch

 Devin turned four years old on Friday the 11th.  Even though my foot was throbbing and oozing (graphic, I know) we headed to the pumpkin patch when Dad got home from work about 4:30.  Devin was super excited to get home and have his birthday dinner and open presents from family, but he was equally excited to go to Packs Farm!

We love Packs and it's a tradition to go there every year.  It's not nearly as big or as fancy as Black Island in Syracuse, but if you are going strictly to get very affordable pumpkins and to have the patch experience, this is the perfect farm.  There's no admission fee, there's  hay maze and lots of perfect photo ops, and pumpkins are SUPER cheap.  Each year I buy my straw bale for the porch and a corn stalk and about eight pumpkins, and never spend over $30.  And it's the nicest family that owns the place, and it's less than 20 minutes from our house.












 It was probably unwise of us to go on this day because I'd had my stitches out that morning and everything in foot let like it was coming apart.  It kind of was, and by the time we got home, I was in horrible pain.  But it was Devin's birthday and I didn't want to disappoint him, so I put on a brave face!






 The birthday boy loves all things Halloween and orange.  Good thing he was born in October!!



No comments: