"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Swimming Opener

The kids have been begging for the pool to open for at least a month. We were going to go on Memorial Day, but it was cold and rainy. I admit, this is anything BUT my happy place. The amount of anxiety I feel when my kids are in water makes me queasy, but it would be such a tragedy to deny them the joy they find in swimming. 

When I say "they", I do not include Ethan in this. The boy has no use for water (or for any of us) since G died. I tired to get him to come, but just like last night when I begged him to go to Lagoon with us, it just wasn’t worth the arguement. The thing is, it’s not so much the water thing with him as it is the depression, and it hurts to sit back and watch. 

At least I got to spend time with these three kiddos, and at least they had fun. 


No comments: