"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Making Cookies

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It was Ethan's day to bring snacks to preschool. I asked him what he wanted to take and he said "cookies". So last night we made sugar cookies and what a mess! There are many things you have to give up once you have children and perfection is one of them. I make pretty darn good sugar cookies and pride myself on how well they always turn out (a skill that has taken me years to master!) But last night I realized it was far more important that the kids had fun doing it, rather than how pretty they turned out. They had a blast and we created memories. We made orange pumpkins and red leaves and they turned out mis-shaped with finger holes and torn edges. Some where very thin and some were very thick. But who cares really. I was the class mom in Ethan's class today and he was beaming with pride as we passed out the cookies to his friends. That's what was really important.

6 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

What a fun mom you are! I would die if M made a mess like that. i need to relax! I love sugar cookies

Kristi said...

Oh that sounds like so much fun!! I always say I am going to make something with the kids, but I get annoyed and rush them away. I need to be more like you and realize it is about the memories, thanks for the reminder!

Meagan said...

You are a great mom!! I'm starting to let Ash help a little bit, but WOW you are brave!! Thanks for getting my tags at card swap, i'll come get them this week!! thanks

Heather Jones said...

I try to not care but, I still only let them help with their cookies not all of them!!They do like putting the ingredients in though. You guys look like you had a ton of fun!!

Miles and Bex said...

How fun! I am sorry you had pink eye. Addi just got over it. It took two different treatments to get rid of it. Your kids are getting so big. 4 more weeks and we will be in Utah. So exciting. There is so much I want to do I don't even know where to start. Brayden can't wait to see E.

Staci said...

ethan is going to remember that for a long time. what a fun mom you are for doing that with your kids. i love sugar cookies!