"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, January 4, 2010

I Love This Kid

We finally got Ethan's school pictures back. Oh how I love this kid! I love everything about him. I love how his left ear sticks out slightly more than his right ear. I love how he is thinking all of the time. I love that he knows when to give me a hug at just the right time when I am feeling down. I love that he was sent to us as the oldest in our family, because he is a wonderful example to his younger siblings. I love that he cries during movies when there is a sad part, like the part in "Homeward Bound" when Shadow falls in the hole and breaks his leg. I love that he always reminds us to say our prayers. I love that he lets Hailey sleep in his bed almost every night when she is scared. I love that his sisters run to him for comfort when Mommy is "mean" to them. He is an incredible kid and I can not believe how fast he is growing up! He will be six in a few weeks. Sometimes I wish time would stand still.

2 comments:

Sarah Stiles said...

I feel the same way about Cameron. And even though he is not a big brother YET, I know that when more children come into our family, he will be the best of big brothers to them.

That is a very handsome picture of Ethan. He looks like such a big boy!

Ev said...

WHAT A PIMP!