"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, January 29, 2011

A Real Man

I married a great man...the kind of man that doesn't exist in most parts of the universe.

Devin had not been feeling well today. I went to run a few errands in the late afternoon and when I came home I found this. Cody was resting on the couch with Devin asleep on his chest. Not long after this while I was getting dinner on the table, Devin threw up all over Cody. And not just a little, but a lot. Like everything he had eaten in two days came back up. It kept coming and coming and Devin cried through it all. And during the ordeal, Cody didn't miss a beat as Devin covered him and his clothes in vomit. I grabbed a towel for him and he lovingly held his baby and talked sweetly to him, telling him it was okay.

Then what does he do next? Without a second thought he goes into the bathroom and starts a bath for Devin. He bathed him, cleaned up all the mess (and there was a lot of mess) and started the messy clothes and towels in the wash. Then he spent the rest of the night letting Devin cling to him, even though I'm sure he had things he needed to do.

Guys like Cody are few and far between.

1 comment:

Rob and Dani said...

That is so sweet you have me all choked up!