"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 5, 2013

Applebees Fieldtrip

A few days before school was out, I got to chaperone Ethan's grade to Applebees for lunch.  I had never heard of a class taking such a fieldtrip, but earlier in the month he came home with a permission slip with a few kids meal options for him to choose from.  He checked off "mini cheeseburgers" and was pretty excited about the ordeal.  I have to admit I was very impressed with how organized it all was.  The servers sure didn't get paid what they should have because they went above and beyond the call of duty and made the experience a lot off fun for everyone.  I love chaperoning fieldtrips when I can because it's a good chance to see my kids in their natural element with their friends.  So far, I have been blown away at what social butterflies each of them are!  Jacob and Issac from Mrs. Nichols class sat at our table and the three boys laughed the entire time!




No comments: