"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 5, 2013

Field Day

A perk to year round school (oh how it PAINS me to say that) is that teenagers are already out of school in June so they are available to babysit while I attend end of year stuff with the kids.  That's the only way I was able to do field trips and field day.  Field Day was the day before school let out and I was excited to go help Hailey's class.  Lauren tagged along with me and felt like such a big kid and blended right in with the first graders.  I was assigned about nine kids to take around to the different stations and it really was a lot of fun!!  There was a bounce house obstacle course and moon walk, popsicles, marble grab, duck duck goose, hoola hoop relay, wet sponge relay, and a station to get sprayed with the water hose.  The weather was gorgeous and it was sweet to see Hailey interacting with her friends.  There was a time during the day when my heart swelled and I realized exactly why I think school is so fantastic for kids and I realized that I would never ever homeschool my children (not that homeschooling is bad, but for us it isn't the way to go).  I'll save that for another post, but it really did make me happy to see the kids playing and having a fun time together and everyone working as a team.   








No comments: