"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Sleepover

We are severely recovering from the last 24 hours. Ethan's birthday party was today and in order for two of his best buddies to come, it worked out best for them to spend the night on Friday so they could ride over to the party with us. Having two other four year olds stay the night shouldn't be so hard, right? It was challenging but fun. We watched a new movie that should receive an award for dumbest movie ever made- "Space Buddies". We have now watched that four times in the 48 hours we've owned it.

Aidan had a bit of a cold and was a little croupy last night, but it wasn't a very big deal. However, by the time I was finally able to wind down enough and fall asleep, I woke up to three little boys standing at the foot of the bed saying "We want to sleep with you!" I tried it for about ten minutes and then realized that wouldn't work. So after they were all asleep in the nice king sized bed, I mosied on into Ethan's room and tried to sleep on what can only be compared to plywood. How does he sleep on that bed? I tossed and turned forever, then Aidan came back into the room coughing and asking if it was time for the party yet. Four times last night I was awakened by one child or another asking that same question.

At the first of the night this is how the all looked. They were very content to sleep like puppies. Oh how I wish they had stayed like this!


2 comments:

Julie said...

They are so cute, all sleeping.

I am sorry you did not get much sleep but just think of the great memories this night with friends brought to your son.

Happy birthday Ethan.

Julie

Gina said...

You are the cutest mama to take on that responsibility. That will be great memories! (I wouldn't have done it! I'm mean like that.)
I've been catching up on the last few posts- what do you do as an API leader?
Also, I agree with sometimes you have to just fake it- and as you fake it, you find the joy.