"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Splash Pad

We live in a very kid friendly neighborhood and they recently built a new park adjacent to a really great splash pad. It opened right about the time Lauren had her surgery and we had pretty much banned all water activities because it was such a risk for her. For several days, friends would call, inviting us to meet them at the splash pad for lunch. I got so tired of telling them "no" so one morning I threw my hands in the air and decided to join the living at the much talked about splash pad. It did not disappoint! It is the perfect size for kids both young and old, and it has really awesome fountains of different kinds. When we went it was the perfect temperature outside and the kids had so much fun. They ran back and forth between the playground and the water all morning. We will be spending a lot of time at the splash pad next summer, I just know it!


























No comments: