"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Sunday Picnic

One Sunday afternoon in June Cody got the idea that we should take a picnic dinner out to our favorite park. Great idea! But as we were packing up and getting ready to leave, we noticed that Lauren had fallen asleep on the couch. And that is always a VERY bad thing late in the afternoon. Upon waking her up, we unleashed a savage monster and she had the meltdown of the century, which seemed to last for an hour. Finally we got her calmed down and we headed out. It turned out to be an excellent evening in almost every way. I sat there on the blanket surrounded by the people I love most in this world and I felt so happy and tranquil. Later on the kids found a family with a small black puppy and they were in seventh heaven. When it was time to go, no one was interested in heading home because it was such a beautiful night and being right at the summer solstice, it would stay late well past 9:00. So we headed up to the local temple thinking we could take a walk around the grounds. But, we forgot that the temple grounds are closed on Sundays and the gates were locked. Bummer! Even still, it was a fantastic night.
































No comments: