"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Fathers Day 2012

I feel I had to go extra overboard this year in Fathers Day because Cody got pretty jipped last year. In my defense, however, I hadn't slept in two months because of Garrett's issues. My life at that point was a big blur! So much got put on that back burner last spring and summer, but this year has been loads better. Even though I didn't get the 2011 version of the "Dad" book put together, I was still able to interview the kids. So this year I put the 2011 AND the 2012 editions together and we had a good laugh while reading the questions and answers in the book. Here is this year:

Ethan- age 8 1/2
How old is Dad? 38
How tall is Dad? I don't know, maybe about 10 feet. No, actually 10 1/2 feet tall.
How much does Dad weigh? 200 pounds
What does Dad like to eat? Maybe like his Dad's dead cow...you know steak. And potatoes because he lived in Idaho. Oh, and licorice.
What sports does he like? Football, baseball, soccer and golfing.
What does Dad do at home? Does laundry, mops the floors, plays with me in the backyard.
What does he do at church? Goes to meetings, takes Devin to nursery, gives me blessings.
What does Dad do at work? Raises money so we can live in this house, does his job, and projects. What does he do after I go to bed at night? Watches a movie with Mom, cleans up throw-up.
What does he like to watch on TV? Thor, the news, Transformers, StarWars, Football, and baseball. Who does Dad love? Our whole family
Why do you love Dad? He helps me clean up messes, he's a great dad and he builds things with me.

Hailey- age 6 1/2
How old is Dad? 38
How tall is Dad? 30 feet high
How much does Dad weigh? About 6 pounds
What does Dad like to eat? basghetti, chicken, noodles, pasta, oranges, apples, and chocolate.
What sports does he like? Basketball, soccer, and golf.
What does Dad do at home? Makes lunch for us, helps clean the house, plays with us.
What does he do at church? Goes to his class and goes to Sacrament Meeting.
What does Dad do at work? Works hard to get money so we can do fun things.
What does he do after I go to bed at night? Watches a movie with Mom and is silly.
What does he like to watch on TV? StarWars, I think.
Who does Dad love? His family.
Why do you love Dad? He does special things for us and he plays with me.

Chudda- age 4 3/4
How old is Dad? 40
How tall is Dad? Close to 50 feet tall.
How much does Dad weigh? 30 pounds.
What does Dad like to eat? Broccoli, mac & cheese, fish, popcorn shrimp.
What sports does he like? Baseball and football, and he likes to watch football too.
What does Dad do at home? Does cleaning, watches a movie, something on the computer.
What does he do at church? Goes to dad classes, but I can't know!
What does Dad do at work? His chores, cleans his office.  That's like his room.
What does he do after I go to bed at night? Likes to watch movies with Mom and eat pizza.
What does he like to watch on TV? Something not good for kids.
Who does Dad love? Mom and his kids.
Why do you love Dad? He helps me so hard.

(Next year Devin will answer the questions for the first time. That'll be a hoot!!)

For dinner, Cody requested lasagna, french bread, salad, and chocolate cake with strawberry sauce for dessert.  It was all soooo god, which was horrible for my dieting ways! We love the tradition of taking the kids to the store and letting them each pick out a present for Mom or Dad or for each other....something that THEY pick out that is individual to THEM.  This year, Hailey picked out an ice cream cake (which we had the next night for FHE dessert and it was amazing).  Devin picked out a pretty cool water gun, Lauren got him a fishing pole so we could go fishing all the time in Idaho, and Ethan got him the new Sherlock Holmes movie (we saw that recently for a date night and loved it). 


(Pay no attention to the missing "t" in "thoughts")



No comments: