"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Brace Face

Ethan has been looking forward to this day for a month.  Yes, he was actually EXCITED to get braces on and I have no idea why!  When I was thirteen and got my first set, I dreaded it.  Maybe it's because I had seen my older siblings go through it and I knew what I was in for.  But this morning, the first thing Ethan said is "It's braces time!!"

I've had a lot of people ask the WHY about him getting braces at nine years old.  You can read about it here.  

Ethan was a champ and was calm as a cucumber while they were messing around in his mouth.  He never flinched, never complained, just went with the flow.  That's so Ethan.  Afterward he said he didn't like the retractor that held his mouth open, but that was the only bad part.  We hit the grocery store and I let him pick out some soft foods that he liked because that's what he'll be eating for a few days.  He was super happy that I let him get a bunch of Mac 'n Cheese.  Anyone who knows me knows my disdain for that nasty processed stuff. Right now he's downstairs chilling on the couch with a pillow and blanket watching TV.  He's starting to feel the discomfort!



The amazing Dr. Joseph Feller- Professional Perfectionist.



It's strange that my child and I are in braces at the same time!

No comments: