"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Smothers

This boy doesn't get a moment's peace when his sisters are around. I know they mean well, but they love him a tad too much- and too forcefully. These girls are close in age and already compete for everything. Sadly, that includes the attention of their baby brother. He's gotten to wear when he sees them coming, his body tenses up because he knows he is in for something unpleasant.

The other day I was getting out of the shower and I heard him crying. I had left him in his swing and when I came out, the girls were on either side of him, each tugging on one of his arms. Good thing I came out when I did or they might have ripped his arms off! You like how in this picture the girls look like they are marking territory. And they are. It's a good thing Devin has Ethan in his corner to ward off the girls. Otherwise he would REALLY get smothered!


No comments: