"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving School Crafts

Holidays are especially fun when you have kids in school. I just love the class parties and all the fun crafts they bring home during the month. They have the most creative teachers and they are always coming up with the best ideas for the kids.

The day that school let out for the Thanksgiving break Ethan and Hailey each had Thanksgiving "feasts" in their class. Hailey's class celebrated like Charlie Brown, eating popcorn, jelly beans, and a bunch of other silly and random food (just like in the show). Ethan's class did a friendship salad and each kid brought a can of fruit to add to the mix. Ethan took pineapple. Hailey made a headband and an Indian bead necklace, while Ethan also made a headband and a vest with a papoose...and a carrier on his back! I about died because it was so cute.

Now Christmas is upon us and the stuff they're bringing home is so fun. I love having little kids for a lot of reasons, and getting into the spirit of each holiday with them is a big reason for me!





2 comments:

Jylaire said...

I love all the cute things the kiddos bring home from school! The kids look darling!

Chambers Clan said...

I think the holidays have never been so fun for me as when I have kids! I love this time too. And unfortunately I know where you are coming from with the "smothers" I only have one, but she makes up for her older sister I think. It's exhausting, and I now have a bathroom buddy...It's the only safe place in the house!