"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Devin- 7 Months Old

Dear Devin,

I can't believe that seven months have passed since the day I first held your sweet little body and heard your newborn cry. So much has happened in these months! You have brought more joy into our household and family than you will ever know. I think about how much I wanted you, long before you grew in my belly. You were meant to be mine and I am so grateful to be your mama.

These days you are into all kinds of mishchief and it is so fun! You scoot around on your belly and your back all day long. You can keep yourself entertained for a long time by rolling from one side of the room to the other, finding fun things to explore along the way. You are very efficient at scooting on your back, which is something none of your siblings ever did. Lately you have been getting up on your hands and knees like you want to crawl. You rock back and forth, but you haven't wuite figured out how to propell yourself forward. Any day now, I'm sure!

You are pretty much sitting up now. When you are in your car seat you want to be sitting up and pull your body forward. You are so strong! You like being in your high chair because it's very easy to sit up and see the world that way. You love cereal puffs on your tray, especially the sweet potato kind. You LOVE rice cereal, especially since I put a little pinch of sugar in the bowl. I can't seem to shovel it in your mouth fast enough! Sometimes if I go too slowly you pull the spoon away from me and try to feed yourself.

I am still your #1. No one can hold a candle to me and I love it. I am the first face you see when you wake up in the morning, and I am the last face you see as you fall asleep at night. You love to nurse, but you have been very distracted lately and haven't nursed as much. There is too much to see and do in the world! But boobie milk is still the only thing you want when you feel you have been wronged (usually by one of your sisters for "loving" you too hard).

You think it is really funny when I raise my voice to yell at one of your siblings. When I am mad, you laugh and laugh and laugh! Maybe because you know it's not YOU that is trouble. You also love it when people whistle songs to you, especially Daddy. You are liking him a lot more these days. When he comes home at night, you light up when he plays with you. I love it that you interact with him a lot more. Don't leave Daddy out. Believe it or not, he loves you as much as I do. You guys will be best buds before long.

I love you, my sweet Chubba Bubba. I have so much love in my heart for you, and I sometimes feel that it will explode all over the place! Thank you for giving us seven beautiful months.

All my love, Mommy