"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Grandpa's Birthday in Idaho

Cody's dad turned 65 on April 19th, so headed up to Idaho that weekend to help celebrate. We let the kids play hookie from school that Monday so we got to spend some extra time there. What a great weekend! We-

-Got out of Dodge Saturday around lunch time, after a morning of soccer games and swim lessons. What a hectic morning!

-Had a cookout, which we always do when the weather permits. I fell in love with Jane's new bean, pepper, tomato, and dill salad.

-Went to church. Again, the kids really had a fun time in "Grandma's Primary". Enjoyed a delicious dinner of pot roast and veggies.

-Lazied around Monday morning. The kids helped Grandpa feed the cows.

-Cody, Grandpa, and Ethan played a round of golf. Allan splurged on a small set of clubs to keep at the house for grandkids' visits. All of them got sunburned.

-The girls drove all-the-way into Burley to explore an awesome fabric shop. I found some excellent stuff and I can't wait to have a little time to sew! Ate at Jack In The Box for lunch. I was good and had no fries or soda.

-Got home to devour chicken enchiladas for an early dinner. We celebrated Allan's birthday with strawberry shortcake. He got a kick out of opening the kids' presents that they each picked out just for him. Ethan got him a basketball and a Transformers card that had sound, Hailey made him a book and gave him sunflower seeds to plant, Lauren gave him chocolate, and they gave him a case of Diet Coke (of course).

(disclaimer: yes I see that Devins noticeable cowlick in front is getting worse as his hair thickens and darkens. I think he'll be very grateful for hair products as he gets older!)


Cook-Out...



Lazy Monday Morning...





Golfing...



Grandpa's Birthday...








No comments: