"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Piano Recital

On April 23rd we had our piano recital. All but one of my students was able to attend, which was pretty phenomenal. I had no idea how tricky it would be to pick a date and time where every family could come. The kids did an excellent job and I was so proud of them. Ethan had perfected his song for days, but when it came time to perform, he looked around at the number of people there and got stage fright. And who could blame him? We held it in the Relief Society room at church and it was standing room only. I just love my students and I know they worked so hard on their songs. Even though I've heard Thomas (my 17 year old prodigy) play his song a hundred times, I was still blown away that he could memorize a four minute piece and not miss a note. What a great night! And I can honestly say I am grateful that piano is over for the season. I can breathe again!




1 comment:

Gina said...

You look like such a cute piano teacher! Those kids are lucky!