"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, August 4, 2008

Packing


Today I am packing for our treck to Texas. The kids and I leave tomorrow for almost an entire month, between Texas and Idaho for Labor Day weekend (Cody will be joining us for part of the trip). I have done seven baskets worth of laundry and am folding them and putting them straight into suit cases. Tomorrow will be my first flight alone with three kids and we have a layover. It will be an interesting and long travel day but I am looking forward to it. I'm not, however, looking forward to being away from Cody for that long.

We just got back from the store and I let the kids pick out a special "airplane" movie. Thank goodness for our portable DVD player! They picked they original "Land Before Time". Now Ethan has been begging me to let him watch it today, but nope! Only for the airplane. I am so excited to get to Texas. We have a jam packed itinerary while we are there. Be sure to check back daily to see what we are up to!

Texas or bust!!!

1 comment:

Ute Family said...

A whole month. You are crazy! But that will be so much fun. Good luck on the plane ride! I'm sure they'll do great. Thank goodness for technology, right? Enjoy your time with family! We'll miss you back here in the NSL! Can't wait to see your posts!