"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

We Are In Texas!

Oh what a day it has been! I am so glad to be here but I already miss Cody and I know he misses us. I talked to him tonight and he sounded kind of glum.

The trip went fine considering it was just me with three small kids. Our flight left on time this afternoon at 1:10. Cody was able to help me through security and to the gate, but he couldn't help me onto the plane. That's okay because there were so many sweet people offering their help. I am so glad I made this sling for Lauren to ride in! It turned out to be a Godsend. I got some funny looks as I pushed my stroller with my kids, my huge back pack strapped to my back, and my baby in the sling. They either thought I was really brave or really crazy.

Denver had nasty weather and we were delayed. There was pouring rain and lightening all over so they wouldn't let us take off, even though we were on the plane. I hate it when that happens. To spare the details, we finally made it to Texas and we are now safe and sound at Granana and the Gov's house. We left our house this morning at 11:00 and we pulled into their driveway at 10:00 tonight (9:00 mountain time). 10 hours later we are here!

Lauren slept like this on me almost the whole time in Denver.
These munchkins were so restless on the plane!
They were so tuckered out when we pulled in tonight.



11 comments:

Ute Family said...

Glad you made it safely to TX! You're a brave woman. I hear there is always trouble in Denver with flying due to weather, so I guess that's normal!
Sorry to hear about your weightloss blog. Hopefully you can find a new motivation. Either way, it's hard!
And your hair looks way cute in the 1st pic BTW! Have fun!

Audrey said...

Your cute kids look so tired! So glad you're there safe! Have a great time, and keep us posted on all the fun things you're doing.

Author said...

Wow! I am completely agast and struck dumb at your ablilty to fly with three kids. Wow! You are amazing.

Kristi said...

You are very brave! Glad you made it safe and sound! Have a fun trip!!

Living My Dream said...

Hope you have a GREAT time! But I guess that means you won't be home on the 19th when I come for Nate's appointments??? Sheesh... I was really hoping to see you!!!

Kim

Joey and Nettifer said...

Glad you made it safe and sound and flying is always an adventure. Sweet Lauren. Show me how to make a sling!

Heather Jones said...

I can't believe you flew with three kids alone!! I don't think I would dare attemt. It is so fun you always get to go to Texas for so long. Too bad your hubby can't go huh!! Good luck and have fun.

danielle and jason said...

Isn't it so great to go home!! Have fun in Texas.

Staci said...

oh how happy are you to be back in texas! i HAVE been reading your blog but not enought time to comment. happy late anniversary and i think that's great that cody got to take you all the way to the gate at the airport! we had a nightmare once, while i was very pregnant with makinley and after all of it they didn't let brandon help me to the gate. lucky you. so glad you made it safely and in one piece.

Bel said...

First of all brave mama! Secondly, enjoy Texas, I am glad you will be speding so much time visiting your family :)

Margo said...

Wow YOu are the best Mom ever. Flying with 3 kids alone. Speechless! So happy for you that you got to spend time with your family in Texas. Enjoy and can't wait to read more about it. Love watching a live game too. Your kids look like they are having a blast.