"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Take Me Out To The Ballgame

On Wednesday night we went to the Texas Rangers game. Oh how I love baseball! Watching it on TV is okay, but there is nothing like being at a live game. I love the cheers, I love the music, I love booing at the other team...and tonight that other team happened to be the Yankees. It was a great game because for some reason, there are a ton of Yankee fans in the area and any time a stadium is filled with fans from both sides, it makes for a night of fun competition. We yelled at them, they yelled at us. Unfortunately they beat us 5-3, but it was an awesome game to watch. That Derrek Jeter looks pretty nice in those baseball pants! I am always amazed at the athleticism of the players. Hotdogs, popcorn, peanuts, and lemondae, and some cute boys. Oh what a fun night!









4 comments:

Ute Family said...

There is one reason I go to baseball games...the food. Any excuse to eat all the nachos, hot dogs and popcorn I want is always a good thing in my book. Looks like you're having a great time!

And good for you for updating while on vacation...otherwise that would be one LONG post when you got back :)

Jen said...

I am glad that you are having fun in Texas but my boys sure do miss your kids. I have caught them several times at your back door hoping that Hailey or Ethan will open the door and come and play.

melynda said...

how fun, we love baseball hot dogs!!

Anna@Exasperation said...

Veronica! We were at the SAME GAME! We totally could have met!

-arawlins
(anna from babycenter!)