"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Our Anniversary

Yesterday we celebrated our anniversary together as a family. In a way I think it's silly that we've always felt like to celebrate, Cody and I had to get away from the kids. But aren't we actually celebrating the beginning of our family? So it makes sense to sometimes celebrate as a group. And that's what we did yesterday.

Cody took a half day from work and when he got home I had the kids ready to hit the zoo. Oh it was hot! When we pulled in the external thermometer on the van said 108! But despite the heat, we had a really fun time. We grabbed lunch as soon was we got there and refilled out water bottles about 20 times. Lauren even got into it and kept trying to get out of the stroller to get closer to the animals, especially the birds.

We left the zoo at about 4:30 and went straight to our favorite BBQ place, Famous Dave's, to pick up dinner. Good thing we took dinner home because the kids were so tired and would have been terrible at the restaurant. Then while we ate we talked to the kids about what an anniversary is. I think Ethan kind of got the idea.

Then afterwards we watched our wedding video and the kids actually enjoyed it. Ethan kept pointing out all the people he knew, but he kept asking "Where am I, Mommy?" We laughed and tried to explain that he wasn't alive yet but he was so confused. It was fun watching that video because we haven't seen it in years. It's amazing how much thinner we both were! Cody looked like a baby in it. It was such a great day and I'm glad we spent it as a family!




4 comments:

Julie said...

Happy anniversary!

Julie

melynda said...

how fun to spend the day with your family. i love you skirt, were did you get it?!?! happy anniversary.

Bel said...

Happy Anniversary!! 6 years and three kids thats awesome... That puts us to shame 4 years and one kid, hehe! I loved your wedding pictures, you guys looked so young and innocent, so sweet!

Margo said...

Happy Anniversary to the both of you and many more years to come.