"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Curbing

Ever since we moved in almost four years ago I have wanted to put curbing around our trees and flower beds. I think it makes the yard look so finished and manicured. But it's never been on a practical to-do list and since I'm married to Mr. Practicality, I figured it would never happen.

Lately I've felt like I'm living in the twilight zone with Cody. He has randomly come up with ideas that I never would have dreamed him to have. He's actually developing an aesthetic eye! A few weeks ago he said he'd like to do curbing with a portion of our tax return. The guy who lives across the street from us does it for a living and he gave us a killer deal. Today he and his crew came and knocked it out in a few hours.

I love how it turned out! And I'm thrilled that CODY...yes CODY suggested putting in an island in the yard. I've always loved flower bed islands because the way I see it the more flower beds the better. I can't get over how much I love the finished product. Next comes our fence and then what...maybe a swing set and/or trampoline? Maybe we'll have a real yard before long. I decided with any birthday money I get I'm putting it toward our garden and flower beds. Shrubs, trees, flowers, etc. I'm so excited!! By the way, the curbing will be a little lighter when it dries. Also the stamping will be much more defined. These pictures were taken shortly after they finished the job.












5 comments:

Audrey said...

It's beautiful! Congratulations! I can't wait to see it full of all the beautiful flowers you're going to put in there!

Joey and Nettifer said...

love it!!!

Mandy said...

Beautiful! I love curbing too!

Unknown said...

I noticed the curbing this morning on my way out the door. I really like it. I should really talk to them about doing our yard. I just love the way it looks.

Ute Family said...

I know, we love our island as well. It just adds a little something to the front yard. Your's looks great. We'll have to look at it on our walk tomorrow!