"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Verdict Is In

We have a perfectly formed little boy! We couldn't be happier. All day long I've needed someone to pinch me because it seems unreal that things could be so good. Life has been crazy and hectic lately and this seems to be great news to ease my stress. Like I said before, I'm a nervous wreck before any ultrasound. But the baby couldn't be healthier right now. And I don't have placenta accreta, which is a risk that increases with numerous c-sections. It's where the placenta adheres to the scar tissue and the chance of an emergency hysterectomy upon delivery is high.

We got a DVD with some really cute facial stuff. The little guy was SUPER active, I think due to a large caffeine jolt we both got right before the procedure. I never drink caffeine so I have no tolerance for it, and I'm sure the baby was thinking "What the heck?!" But even with the caffeine and sugar and being as wide awake as he was, his heart BPM peaked at 144. When he got tired again and became less active, it went down to 136. Ethan was exactly 144 at his u/s and both girls were 165. So maybe (with my kids anyway) there is some stock in the gender/heart rate theory. It's an interesting thought if nothing else. Judging by my measurements, they decided to keep my EDD at October 18. A few days give or take doesn't make a difference. What a great day!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I am so happy for you :D What wonderful news. You have the same edd I had with my 4th and 5th children. Alexandra was born October 1rst and Mathieu was born October 7th.

Good luck and please, do not hesitate to e-mail me anytime.

Julie

P.S. My u/s is in 9 days!!! I am pretty sure I am having a girl though. That would give me 3 girls and 3 boys.

Stacy and Angela said...

Aww congrats on a healthy baby boy!

Audrey said...

Yippee! I'm so excited for you to have another little boy! I'm sure Ethan and Cody are pretty happy about it, too!

Julie said...

See my blog for my u/s results!!!

Ah, I am SO happy.

Julie