"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Monday, November 23, 2009

The Best Big Sister

There is a reason that God made Hailey the oldest girl in our family. She is a little mommy. She has an incredible nurturing side and loves to take care of everyone. Today after lunch I changed Lauren's diaper and told her to grab her cup and blanket and go get on her bed. I had a few things to take care of before I tucked her in, so I told her I'd be in there in a minute to put her down for a nap.

A few minutes later I heard talking coming from Ethan's room and I found Hailey sitting in the floor reading Lauren a story. (Ethan's book shelf has quite the spread of books so his room in always the gathering place for story time.) Hailey said she was reading Lauren her nap time book. She then tucked her into bed all by herself. It is the sweetest thing watching her take care of her brothers and sister.

On her preschool "get to know you" work sheet we filled out a few months back, one of the questions was "What do you want to be when you grow up?" You will never guess what Hailey answered.

-A mommy.


1 comment:

Heather said...

Tears! This post brought tears to my eyes, probably because I have 2 little girls, too :) And my oldest is such a "little Mommy" also...Love it!