"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, November 1, 2009

Dad's Work Party

Every Halloween Daddy's office holds a little party at the end of the day for all the employee's families. The kids always love going because they get loads of candy at this one since they get to trick-or-treat at all the offices. This year was no different.

Getting everyone ready to go on time was a feat for me, especially since I've only done it a couple of times with no help so far. Four kids feels like a LOT more than three kids right now. It would have gone smoothly, except when I was getting Lauren dressed in the fairy princess costume that SHE picked out from the store, she suddenly turned into a two year old and threw a tantrum. So I tried to appease her by gathering up every costume we had that would fit her.

She went back and forth between a cow, a tiger, a lady bug, and back again to a fairy. This went on for quite a while and I was going insane. At one point she was wearing the tiger costume and we were running late so I decided that she would wear that, no ifs, ands, or buts. She cried. "I don't want a tiger!!!!" What a fun time. As you can tell from the picture, she isn't that happy.

Devin was a cow and stayed tucked inside the sling the whole time and even though he was hidden, I knew he looked absolutely adorable! More pictures of him to come.

No comments: