"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Letters To Santa

Yes, we realize that Thanksgiving hasn't even happened yet. But tonight for FHE we wrote letters to Santa. We decided to do that so we could teach the kids about charity and giving to others, and especially to talk about what we already have to be thankful for. We agreed that we do have numerous blessings in our lives and that sadly, there are many people out there who are not as fortunate. So this week we're going to go through toys and pick out some things to give to charity for children who don't have as much. And in return, Santa will be bringing us some new fun things. Thus the letter writing at the end of the lesson.

Even though the kids are little, we want to start instilling in them the desire to serve others. Tonight I based the lesson around Mosiah 2:17 which reads "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God."

Then we wrapped it up with chocolate pudding and whip cream. Yum yum!!

The letters crack me up. Ethan wrote his all by himself with a small amount of help. Hailey had help holding her pen. And Lauren, well hers' was all over the map!






No comments: