"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Caramel Apples

Fall is here! Although it stills feels a bit like summer, the official start of fall was on Thursday and I have been chomping at the bit to start getting "festive" around here. It has taken every bit of self control I have to not put up Halloween decorations, so putting the scarescrow out front seemed like a good compromise. The smells of apples and cinnamon permiate our house thanks to the candles that are always burning, and the roar of football coming from the TV really makes it feel like fall is here. Even if the thermometer is reading 84 degrees.

Tonight we had our traditional caramel apple making event. They were so yummy! Granny smiths are my favorite to eat covered in caramel, but the kids all opted for gala. Nope, not as good! Of course they were only interested in eating the caramel and leaving the apple anyway. Devin even had his first experience trying to eat one. At first he didn't know what to think, and then he went to town. Good thing caramel washes out of clothes because when it was all said and done, I could barely pull the apple from his shirt and pants. Way to go Devin!













No comments: