"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Devin Joseph- 11 Months Old

At eleven months, Devin-

-Sleeps completely through the night. He falls asleep in his crib all on his own and all I have to do it give him his blankie and the big stuffed Shamu animal. He curls up with both and goes right to sleep. Every once in a while he cries for a minute, but that is rare.

-Wears 18 month shirts, 12 month pants, and siz 4 shoes.

-Fits his bum into a size 4 diaper.

-Is drinking cow whole milk. A month shy of 12 months...so sue me. None of my kids have ever had dairy allergies and I despise formula and refused to buy another can when the last one emptied.

-Eats lots of table food with his fingers. Will eat just about anything I put on his tray and if he doesn't like it, he will gently drop it to the floor. He loves lunch meat.

-Does this funny little nose scrunchy thing where he bunches up his mouth and nose together and breathes really fast. He started this as a game with Daddy to look tough, but when he realized he always gets laughs he does it for everyone.

-Is JUST about walking on his own. He will take two or three steps and then gracefull sit down. Never falls, always catches himself. He has incredible balance.

-Loves to get into every drawer and cabinet, especially the DVD cabinet. That one has handles which is perfect for him. When I am sitting on the couch, he makes a beeline for the cabinet but always turns to see if I am watching him. If I am, he gives me a big grin and speed crawls to get there before I do. He also loves the cabinet to the cookware and he is also great at opening that one on his own.

-Has learned to give five. If you hold your hand out or up and say "FIVE!" he will smack it over and over again.

-His favorite place to play is in the fridge and the dishwasher. He is a big "helper" that way.

-HATES HATES HATES to get dressed or have his pants changed. He is the most wiggly baby of ours and is super strong. I always have to distract him with an object while I change his diaper, but there is nothing that makes getting dressed any easier.

-LOVES baths and running water in general. Whenever he hears a sink faucet running, he comes crawling in at super speed. When he hears bath water running...look out. He will stand there by the edge of the tub and go crazy until he can get in.

-Is great at unrolling toilet paper.

-Has really fallen in love with cars and other vehicles. His favorite thing in Ethan's room to get into is his big box of cars (and trains). He perfers those over any toy, and I think he will be getting a GeoTrax set for his first birthday.

-Makes us laugh all the time.

No comments: