"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Two Ballerinas

Hailey and Lauren finally got to start ballet last week. Hailey actually did summer classes, but it was structured differently and was more laid back. Lauren could not start until she was closer to three years old, which she will be next week.

I am so grateful they could be in the same class this year. Makes for less shuttling around on my part! They are both in pre-ballet 1, but next year Hailey will have to be in kinder-ballet for five year olds. This is a fairly pricey ordeal, taking classes at this particular place (lots of hidden fees) and two girls at the same time. But it is a really great school and the teachers are amazing. The girls' teacher, Miss Christina, has a BA in ballet from the U of U and has been a ballet dancer her whole life. She means business! But she makes the class very fun and the girls really love it.

It's been fun watching the girls through the window each week. Lauren, especially, is horribly ungraceful, but she should be at three years old! They are having fun and making friends and that is what matters. I love having two ballerinas!

2 comments:

Carli said...

I just put kennedy in ballet too! It is a really strict place though, and I was only allowed to watch her first class through the window. Now i can't watch again til the recital! It is so sad cause I really want to know how she is doing.

Ute Family said...

that's hilarious you can only watch through the window, if at all. I guess it keeps their concentration though. Lydia would HATE not having me there! Glad they are in together for a while before Hailey moves up. That's precious!