"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

38 Weeks

Can you say SWOLLEN??? I have never been this swollen with a pregnancy. I considered myself very swollen with Devin, but this time takes the cake for sure. I have gained about sixty-five pounds now and I think ten of those pounds are in my face alone. I feel Asian because of how my eyes are. Little slits most of the time. Today I had my very last OB appointment with the kids. The youngest three go to all of my appointments because of the time of day. They are my sidekicks from Hell. I do have one more appointment next Wednesday and I will have all of my pre-op work done then, but I will have no kids with me. Thank goodness for Aunt Leighann coming into town a day early for the delivery!

Exactly one week from tomorrow we will meet our new guy and fall madly in love with him. I am so excited and so nervous at the same time. I asked Mike to give me a mild tranquillizer to take the night before because I know I won't sleep otherwise. And I have to be up at 4:00 that morning to get ready and I'd like to sleep for at least four hours before that. Everything is completely set for next week and I can not believe we are here already!

This boy is sitting very low on my pelvis and it feels like he is about to fall out. I've never dropped like this before, and I'm sure my body is tired and spent and can't hold him up too well anymore. Ha, it doesn't help things that I did this only seventeen months ago! Not a lot of time to recover since then. Sleeping at night is a joke and rolling over every fifteen minutes due to going numb on one side is getting very old. When I roll I have to be very careful, otherwise it hurts like the devil. Well two nights ago I wasn't careful, and when I rolled halfway it felt like my pelvis was splitting in two!! It was terrible. Sure can't wait to sleep on my back again.


No comments: