"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Home Stretch

Well, we made it this far! I had many worried and crazy dreams in the second trimester of having to give birth to this guy way too soon. I don't know what caused all that anxiety because I've never before had any problems that would cause something so scary. When I was about eighteen weeks I dreamed that his cord spontaneously came detattached and we lost him. Crazy things like that flooded my mind during that time, and I am very grateful that so far this has been a very uneventful pregnancy. For now he is set to arrive in about eighteen days and I'm feeling him move and kick and show off for me. I love that feeling.

But it's not all fun and games right now. He is causing me huge amounts of pain, and quite honestly, I don't remember it being this bad with my other four babies. I've started calling him "The Mole" because it feels like he is digging into my pelvis as hard as he can. Yesterday I was almost paralyzed with pain during the day because his head was stabbing me in the pubic bone, to the point where it felt like it was being crushed. I doubled over in pain several times during the day when he would move just right. Ouch!

I noticed a few days ago that my belly is taking a new shape as well. I tend to get the "straight out in front torpedo" look. But lately my belly is starting to elongate and look a little smaller, which means he is dropping down more and more. And as a result, it feels like my pelvis has a burning lead weight in it and that my joints are eaten up with arthritis. It hurts to walk, it hurts to lie down, it hurts to sit...it hurts to do anything right now. But, in less that three weeks I will trade in that pain for a NEW pain. Yeah, I'm dreading the surgery. I feel like I must brace myself for a train wreck each time. This time I am really dreading the afterbirth contractions, which have gotten progressively worse with each baby. But, I have to tell myself that on that day even though I will be in huge amounts of pain, I will be snuggling with and falling madly in love with the newest guy in my life. I-CAN-NOT-WAIT!!!!

1 comment:

Living My Dream said...

Hey Veronica... I don't know if this can help but my last 2 c-sections have been such a breeze after because she completely cleans my uterus out before she sews me back together. I literally only bleed for maybe 3 or 4 days because there is nothing less to do but heal from where the placenta was attached to the wall of the uterus. I had NO after birth pains, none! I asked her why I only bled for such a short time and she said she cleans everything out since she is in there. I LOVED it... I didn't even need pain meds like normal because it just didn't hurt!