"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

The Countdown Is On

{A couple of weeks ago the giirls and I made a baby countdown paper chain and it's become a ritual each morning to tear off a link. It's getting much shorter!!}

The baby is set to arrive in exactly sixteen days. For once, I am able to say I feel moderately prepared. Normally at this time my to-do list is still gaping with incomplete tasks, but this time I have quite a few things marked off. Maybe it's the fact that I feel like I am manning a ship that could easily sink if I DON'T get certain things done. Maybe it's because with four kids, I am the master of multi-tasking (ha ha, yeah right). Whatever the reason, I feel somewhat prepared. Here is my original to-do list and things in red are complete.

*paint girls' bedroom
*clean up backyard and back porch
*meal plan for two weeks for post baby grocery shopping (so Cody can do it while I am in the hospital)
*get infant car seat from garage and clean/sterilize it
*purchase new car seat for Lauren and skinny boosters for Ethan and Hailey
*help Hailey prepare her talk for church on 3-27
*vacuum and fully detail van
*install all five car seats in designated seats in van
*get reclining baby seat out of crawl space and clean
*restock travel toiletries for hospital stay
*email Dr. about birth plan
*make "big brother" shirt for Devin to wear when he meets his brother
*try to get kinks worked out of video camera drama
*keep cameras fully charged and memory cards empty
*pack hospital bag (as much as I can until the morning we leave)
*purchase one new pair of hospital PJs
*stock newborn diapers and diaper cream
*thoroughly clean the master bedroom
*purchase and wash baby's going home outfit
*arrange for subsitute for church calling
*restock breastpads
*sort through, wash, organize, and put away all newborn clothes and accesories
*STAY AHEAD ON LAUNDRY!!!
*draw out maps and write out all info for getting kids to and from activities
*gather ideas for birth announcement
*purchase gifts from new baby to older siblings
*TRY TRY TRY to keep house clean!

3 comments:

Ute Family said...

Man, you're ambitious! Good for you for all the things you do! And I love the link idea.

P.S. If I can't keep the house clean with only two kids, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE let me know if you can do it with five! I'll cross my fingers for you!!! :)

Joey and Nettifer said...

check you out!

Mike, Jules, Gabee and Izee said...

That is THE best idea with the chain... Wish I would have thought about that during my "have baby years"!!