"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

All Too Real Now

Today I had another check up. The doctor came in and did his usual stuff and then he said "Okay, how about we get this thing on paper." So I followed him through two big and VERY scary doors into the L&D department. I remember those doors from last time, and the second we passed through them a flood of hysteria over took me. It was so busy and loud and patients were being wheeled around on gernies. Suddenly this baby thing became real. He went over to the nurses station and pulled out a big notebook, scanned it, asked the nurse some questions, and said "How does 7:30 a.m. sound". He jotted something down and then it was set! Unless something happens between now and then, I am scheduled for surgery on October 5th at 7:30 in the morning. As I left there I could almost feel the pain of my last two surgeries in my gut. I know it was my imagination, but it all came flooding back and this feeling of dread overtook me. Okay, I just want to rip off this bandaid and have it over with. I am ready to see my feet again. I am ready to go for a run again. I am ready to have more than 4 outfits that fit me. I am ready to be able to chase my kids again and be able to better control them! But I'm also getting scared about managing THREE kids at once. I know I will do it okay, but those first few weeks are going to be inevitabley hard and I dread it. But that is life and people do it everyday! Just for the record, I hit 210 on the scale and my BP was 92/60.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

7 comments:

Miles and Bex said...

I am excited for October to come for you!!! Things will be great. Thay have been so far! You will do great with three kids. It has gotten alot better. I would definetly say my house isn't as clean and I usually never get ready but my kids are still alive and happy. Well enjoy this last month. Put your feet up and eat lots of cafe rio for me. I miss that stuff.

Julie said...

Veronica, I hope all goes well with the c-section. I will be thinking of you.

I know you will be a great mother of three kids in a month. Wow, less than a month left before you get to hold your daughter. I will be holding my new son before the end of the month!! We are sooo lucky :)

Julie from Québec

Author said...

October 5th - that is such a great day. If you need to vent about surgery fears you can email me. But, at least you know what to expect. . . And, more excitingly you'll be able to see your feet again. Hang in there - you're almost done!

Heather Jones said...

You will do great three really is not to bad!! As soon as you get a schuedule down it is a little easier to handle. The hardest is the kids fighting over the baby for the first three months but, maybe you won't have that. You are so relaxed about things anyway I think it is when you are uptight like me that it is hard!!!

Joey and Nettifer said...

Yeah for the baby on the way! I love that the little baby is going to be in October! I can't wait to hear what you are going to name this precious baby!
We will have fun on Sunday!

Kristi said...

You look great! Only a few more weeks, yippe!! You will do great with 3 it is challenging at times, but so fun too! Good luck!!

Amy said...

October! That is great! I am so excited for you to do all the things again you look forward to. I too remember a huge sense of relief and excitement to get my body back! (maybe not in the same shape) But it's great to lay on your belly, and have some sort of energy level back! Good luck! PLease call if you need anything!