"I went to the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life;
to put to rout all that was not life and not when I had come to die, discover that I had not lived." ~Henry David Thoreau

Thursday, September 6, 2007

Welcome Autumn!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket



It's true what they say; fall really does begin right after Labor Day. We had a scorcher of a LD weekend, then suddenly Mother Nature changed her tune over night. And with it came the first illness in our home of the season. Cody was feeling sick when we got home from our trip on Monday and he woke up with the full blown flu on Tuesday and stayed home for the latter half of the day. He has been home sick from work ever since. The rest of us have runny noses and I'm just waiting to get the real deal. We shall see! But I'm anxious to get going with fall and I'm pulling out leaves, pumpkins, scare crows, everything. Since I will be having a baby the first of October, I won't be up for any decorating after that...so all of our Halloween stuff will be going up toward the end of September. Yes, I will be one of those people who has to jump ahead to the next holiday too quickly. But if I don't get it done soon, I will run out of time! So I apologize to any neighbors who will see cobwebs and skeletons on our porch in about 2 weeks.

6 comments:

Joey and Nettifer said...

I decorated for Halloween in September. This is my favorite holiday so I saw the longer we celebrate the better!

Kristi said...

I agree with Lynette! I got all my stuff out yesterday and am starting to put it up. I am sure all my neighbors will think I am crazy, but I dont' care. Love halloween!

Heather Jones said...

Sorry about the flu I hope you guys don't get it like we did it was awful.They say it is going around baD.i am with you on decorating I always have mine out the end of september so we can both be early!!!

Julie said...

Hahaha, my kids are already making drawings of witches and pumpkins! They love Halloween and have their costumes chosen and our menu for our big party all planned!

Sorry about the flu, we are fighting it too.

Julie

Staci said...

i love halloween too. it's my favorite time of the year!

Miles and Bex said...

That sucks that Cody got the flu. Decorate whenever! That is what I say. It is starting to feel like fall here. THey say the first snow usually is around Halloween. SO we have a little bit longer.